Intro to designPH: The New Sketchup Plug-in for PHPP
856 Brighton Avenue,
Directions to the school are available by clicking here.
Parking is available in lot A, about a 5-10 min walk, crossing Fort Road, to Preble Hall.
Date: Sunday September 21, 2014. 9am to 5pm
With instruction by the Canadian Passive House Institute
Designing a Passive House can be challenging. designPH was developed to simplify the design process for achieving the Passive House standard. The recently released plug-in for SketchUp provides a 3D modelling interface that works together with the Passive House Planning Package (PHPP). Users can create a building model, assign building components, and select a location. A simplified annual energy calculation provides a quick test of the design. Once a compliant design is achieved, key building characteristics can be exported for integration into PHPP.
- Create a 3D model of a building
- Determine key building characteristics, including areas, volumes, and shading
- Learn how to use the designPH interface and access the components database
- Assign building components and performance data to the building model
- Calculate a simplified annual energy balance for the building
- Learn how to iteratively refine the model to achieve the Passive House criteria.
- Export building characteristics and import them into PHPP
- Capture and document data and calculations for Passive House certification
Find out more and register here.
Cost - $295 per person